Finally, we have a game worthy of Batman. I'm sure you've seen the constant media storm on this game, Batman: Arkham Asylum is easily at the top of the running for the 2009 Game of the Year. It's already made Guinness Record as the Highest Rated Comic Book/Superhero Video Game in History.

I have both a PS3 and Xbox 360 I must say that the PS3 version of the game just looks and reacts better than the 360 version. I have gone through the game on easy and beat it in about 8 hours this is without doing the side missions and finding all of the riddles( all 240 of them) which is every odd for a Gamer like me because I beat Halo 3 on Legendary in 5 hours.

batman, arkham asylum, logoSo many things were done perfectly with this game. The story is excellent. It’s not just the Joker taking over Arkham. Lots of good elements thrown in, but I won't spoil anything. The graphics are excellent. The action is composed of brawling, batarang throwing, grappling around certain areas and sneaking through the shadows. The brawling is actually fun and does not feel repetitive to me. At times when you go in for the last shot on an enemy the action slows down and becomes very cinematic. The effect is super cool. Using your grappling gun you can cross areas that can't be reached on foot or grappling to higher areas so you can sneak up on enemies from behind. There are 20 "upgrades" you can get as you progress through the game that allow you to upgrade your armour, gain the ability to throw multiple batarangs, etc. There are also "riddler puzzles" throughout the game as well.

Overall, if you are a fan of action games or Batman games I think you will love this game! The action in Arkham and on Arkham Island is a blast to play.
ShareThis

0 comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails