King of Fighters XII video game has undergone a complete graphical face lift unique to its own style, reborn in high definition. Not only that, but this game supports up to 1080p. I have never played a fighter with such smooth response. It is pretty obvious that this years King of Fighters is focused on the fight.

The graphics are breathtaking. They are by no means conventional but look great in their own right. There is no storyline, but the majority of people play fighters for the action and online replay value. There have been some issues with the online performance, I tried online play starting out a lot of the matches I joined suffered from extreme lag and slow down. I could barely move my character without experiencing some slowdown, so then I would completely hate this game right? Wrong! Afterwards I decided to host a match myself. Players with a solid connection joined my match room, and the game played flawlessly online. After playing some matches with a decent connection, I finally realized the core aspect of this game, Arcade play! This game basically gives us the opportunity to play new opponents but in the comfort of our home without having to commute to our nearest arcade vendor. Given I have a solid internet connection and I understand not everybody does, I see the true potential of this game. Solid fighting engine fast paced fighting, and amazing character detail accompanied by their interesting personalities. I've always preferred the characters roster and theme of KOF over any Street Fighter title. I absolutely love this game when I can play against another opponent be it online or LAN. I do wish they added at least more convenient interface on the menus and a final boss, but that will come as a DLC from SNKP in the future.
ShareThis

0 comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails